Neglect: 1. To give little attention or respect to. 2. To leave undone or unattended to especially through carelessness
Well friends, it looks like I've been neglecting my blog.
Here is a recap of my past....month and a half:
- Christmas was fabulous. I spent it in Florida with my friends and family. I played cards against humanity (aka the best game ever), I reunited with the love of my life - Baileys Liquor, I finally read some books, I have slight tan lines, I discovered that I'm a fan of hot yoga, and got to spend quality father/mother- daughter time with my rents (and wine).
- I turned 23! Everyone still likes me -- suck it, Blink182.
- Oh, and theCHIVE flew my lovely friend Megan Werner and me out to California to...well...basically to hang out with them for the weekend and treat ourselves to room service, hilarity, and fantastic food&drink. It was one of the best experiences of my entire life and I am forever grateful. I am seriously blessed.
Anyways, back to how I turned 23. If you're wondering, I feel the exact same...until someone asks how old I am and I reply "I'm 23" and then feel super old and mature. You guys...23 sounds SO much older than 22, which sound SO much older than 21. It also means I can no longer date teenage boys without sounding like a big creep. Good thing I like my men the same way I like my wine -- aged (that's awkward. Sorry Dan.).
Because I am 23, that also means that I need to reveal the results of my 22 for 22...and also create a 23 for 23 goal list! So, here goes nothing (actually, here goes a lot of thinking on my part as far as what I'd like to accomplish this year, but I'm still going to play it off like it didn't take much thought.):
The final results of 22 for 22:
7. Lose 15lbs. fack it. I lost like, 6 overall after Christmas and stuff.
8. Get at least a 2 pack. (a girl can dream) lolz.
9. Visit NYC nope!
10. Visit all of the wineries in Traverse City almost :(
11. Go downhill skiing nope.
12. Go hiking for a considerable distance...not like a 5 mile hike. I want the real deal. noooope.
13. Go camping for an entire weekend. Realistically this probably is not happening this year.
16. Blog more than once a week I suck.
18. Learn to ice skate and enjoy it. Didn't happen.
19. Do something that I never thought I could do (conquer a fear, go somewhere crazy, etc.) This applies to so many things.
20. Learn how to knit Ignore this goal. I hate myself for this one.
21. Read one book a month Hahahahaha.
So, all in all: 11/22 complete. 50% isn't too shabby, right?
Regardless...it's time for 23 for 23!
1. Get that 2 pack (why not start it out strong?)
2. Blog at least twice a month-- a more obtainable goal, right?
3. Work out 5 days a week
4. Find the perfect red lipstick
5. 5 mile hike...at least.
6. Go to a music festival
7. Visit NYC.
8. Visit all of the wineries in Traverse City.
9. Entire weekend of camping
10. Read 12 books before I turn 24
11. Learn how to make the perfect bowl of chili
12. Bake a pie from scratch
13. Finally watch 5 movies that I have not seen but should have by now (IE: Forest Gump)
14. Perform somehow (musical, song, etc.)
15. Visit Bells & Shorts Breweries
16. Catch up on New Girl
17. Visit a theme park that I've never been to
18. Learn to ski/snowboard/one of those
19. Face my fears and ice skate
20. Get rid of/donate all of the things I do not need from back home.
21. Learn how to be really really good at Mario Kart
22. Do something I've never done that is not already listed above
23. Refurbish something/ finally paint a wall/ something artsy,
So there's that. Bring it on, 2013.
45. I recently discovered (thanks Gfisha) "the sock bun" and am awkwardly obsessed with it. If you don't know what that is...google it and be in awe of how great my hair looks all the time.